Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Alfred_Lee
Frequent Visitor

Memory Allocation Failure in workspace A, but auto-refreshing normally in workspace B, why?

Hi,

Today, I tried to upload one of my dashboard into workspace A but found the refreshing failed. It showed "Memory Allocation Failure". But the dashboard is a relative small one, only 200M, which I can even refresh the data on desktop. I also uploaded it into workspace B and this time the auto-refreshing worked!

It seems workspace A and B are performed differently on this issue. I checked both workspace settings but found no difference. Do you know what may cause the issue? Is this a "data set too big" issue or workspace issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

aj1973_0-1702070371736.png

10 GB Max for shared WS

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @Alfred_Lee 

In a Pro licence senario a Workspace is in a Shared mode by default unless you change it to Premium with dedicated capacity. therefore your workspace A is shared with other entites in the service. But this shouldn't be the only reason for your dataset not refreshing. Nost likely your dataset needs some attention and optimisation. 

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

@aj1973 , Thanks for replying! 

the workspace A and B both are Pro workspace. I was thinking is there possible that the dashboards total file size is bigger in A, which causing newly uploaded dashboard not working? But I cannot find any offical document saying that Pro workspace has limit on total dashboard size. (I know there is limitation for single PBI file <= 1GB in pro workspace)

aj1973_0-1702070371736.png

10 GB Max for shared WS

Regards
Amine Jerbi

and you can follow me on

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors