Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

admiralman
Advocate II
Advocate II

Matrix auto size

I have a matrix where the auto size property of the column headers is disabled. However, following a data refresh it resizes the last two columns. This occurs in desktop and in the service. Seems this may have been a problem for a while. I am on the latest desktop (Jun 2018) release.

Before

before.gif

After dataset update

after.gif

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Regardless, Yuliana got it right:

Specifically because you've disabled auto-size, Power BI won't make its own (automatic) decision, so it goes to default and waits for you to manually set the column width.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @admiralman,

I assume that you might change the width of column header with custom value, and you have turned off "Auto-size column width", right?

If so, when you refresh the dataset, new column headers are added to original matrix, displayed with default width. It won't automatically adjust its width to fit the settings specified by you. Because you have disabled auto size.

1.PNG

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

When you disable auto size the matrix columns should stay the same width no matter the data...correct? 

@admiralman,

When you disale auto-size, the current columns lock in their width, but new columns default to the standard size.

You could (potentially) have any combination of column widths, so Power BI can't magically determine which one would be correct.

I always have the same number of columns but the headers refresh daily. The only column that is impacted is the last one. 

Regardless, Yuliana got it right:

Specifically because you've disabled auto-size, Power BI won't make its own (automatic) decision, so it goes to default and waits for you to manually set the column width.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors