Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Josh_Boj
Advocate I
Advocate I

Matrix Export - "Data with Current Layout" Not Showing as an Option...not even greyed out

Hello,

I have an end user that was unable to export the data from a matrix table today.  As it turns out, they cannot even see the "Data with Current Layout" in this report.  The settings enable exporting of current layout and summarized data, not underlying.  I've never seen this simple option go missing.  My team and I do not have this problem and I cannot find a setting in the dataset or the report that would limit this function.  The end user can also export tables in other reports, just not this one.

Can anybody help me on places to look to fix this?

Josh_Boj_0-1656620067933.png

User: Free License

Workspace: Premium (per capacity)

Dataset: PBI Dataset housed in difference Workspace (with all datasets)

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hi @Josh_Boj ,

Is there RLS on this data?  Also, according to this link: Export data from a Power BI visualization - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

"

• Export using Underlying data won't work if:

• the version is older than 2016.

• the tables in the model don't have a unique key.

• an administrator or report designer has disabled this feature.

• you enable the Show items with no data option for the visualization Power BI is exporting.

• For export from matrix visuals using Data with current layout, consider the following:

• Matrices with columns and/or values but no rows will be exported as having rows and/or values but no columns

• Matrices with only one row and/or values but no columns will be exported as table (no right border separator)

• If the Show on rows toggle is set to 'On' in Power BI Desktop for a table or matrix visual, the visual format would not be preserved when data is exported to Excel

• If the Row subtotals toggle is set to 'Off' in Power BI Desktop for a matrix visual, but the matrix visual has expanded and collapsed sections, exported data will contain subtotals for rows. To work around this issue, use the Expand | All command from the visual's context menu."

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

"For export from matrix visuals using Data with current layout, consider the following:"

All of these comments are related to the export itself.  My issue is that this one single user doesn't even have that option when everybody in the organization does.  Makes no sense to me.

Hey @Josh_Boj ,

Does that user have restricted permissions on that one report?  (Or, in that Workspace?)  Or, does that report have the export capability turned off?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hey Collin,

Appreciate the response.  This user was the exact same as another user that could see all three export options. The have a free license (per capacity workspace), are added as a viewer to the space, and have permission to view the dataset without any RLS restriction.  The report certainly doesn't have export turned off, nor does our tenant.

Either way she can magically now see and export.  Nothing changed to my knowledge, so not sure what the solution was to the problem.

Thanks,
Josh

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors