Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

HCage
Frequent Visitor

Map Visuals Disabled in Browser

Hi all,

I'm running into an issue where I'm able to create map visuals in my desktop, but when I publish to the service (browser/app) it give me this:

HCage_0-1709841275697.png

The caveat is that we don't have an admin for our PBI service (technically I guess I would be as I'm the only one in the PBI service in our "org"). We have an admin over the entire MS service but they don't have a PBI linked to this org and therefore can't assist with the settings. Since it's working in my desktop - why is it not working when I publish it? 

I appreciate all the help I can get.

Thank you,

Hannah

3 REPLIES 3
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @HCage ,

Based on your problems, here are my answers.

If a user on Power BI Desktop attempts to view a Map visual when their tenant has not enabled the feature, they will be prompted to ask their admin to enable it. 

When a user is not signed in, the visuals will be enabled based on a new setting in File -> Options and Settings -> Options -> Global -> Security named “Use Map and Filled Map Visuals.”

vyilongmsft_0-1709866616016.png

You can read this topic for a further study: Solved: Error: Map and filled map visuals aren't enabled f... - Microsoft Fabric Community

You can also go to the Power BI Service, Admin Portal -> Tenant Settings -> Map and Filled Map Visual Settings

vyilongmsft_1-1709866996681.png

I think this topic may help you too: Solved: Map Visualization Not Working On Power BI Report S... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Yilong,

Thank you for your reply. I did complte the first suggestion before I posted my issue although the second I'm not able to complete as I only have capacity settings in my admin portal. As I mentioned before, I'm the only one with PBI in my organization although there is an admin over the microsoft 365 (however they are unable to assist me if they are needed). Since they don't have PBI set up in our organization, is there a way I can change these settings in the Power BI Service? 

Thank you,

Hannah

Hi @HCage ,

In the Desktop, select File > Options and settings > Options.

vyilongmsft_0-1710841379092.png

This document can help you: Change settings for Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn and Edit data models in the Power BI service (preview) - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

For comprehensive changes at the organizational level, such as those typically found in the admin portal, you would need the Power BI service administrator role or be a Global Admin in Office 365. If you don’t have these roles, you’ll be limited to the capacity settings only. This topic may face the same problem as you: Solved: Admin Portal Is not showing tenant setting - Microsoft Fabric Community

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors