Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The ultimate Microsoft Fabric, Power BI, Azure AI & SQL learning event! Join us in Las Vegas from March 26-28, 2024. Use code MSCUST for a $100 discount. Register Now

Pedro-Pereira
Advocate I
Advocate I

MAP Visual Auto Zoom not working when publish to web

Dear PBI Community,

since today the Auto zoom functionality from MAP visual (Bing) is not working when used via WEB link (URL Embbeded).

In the Power BI desktop and PBI service works find. It is just when published to web.

Please help solving this issue because it seams a bug.

Kind Regards,
FL

7 REPLIES 7
MRGMSR
Helper I
Helper I

The same issue, we are scheduled to go live on a dashboard using the Bing Map by October 1. Will the issue be resolved by then? It was working perfectly fine as of two days ago.

thanks,

MGR

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have the same issue since yesterday.

JPBTech19
Frequent Visitor

Experiencing the same problem.

The timing of this issue could not be worse for me! I am litterally demoing this feature to a group of people at 11 AM CST.

Murphy's Law at its best.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JPBTech19 @Pedro-Pereira 

Discovered this yesterday. Went through the support channels to diagnose. Microsoft have responded with the following:

"Our product team mentioned that this is a known issue right now which is impacting many users.

Impact:

Users of the Bing Map visual may notice the auto-center feature is not locating the center correctly when all the data points are within a very small region (e.g. same city), or if they only have one data points. Each time they filter or cross-highlight, the autocenter may move to an incorrect location.

Workaround:

None – users will have to manually zoom out or pan the data points into focus each time they filter or crosshighlight.

Deployment Plan:

We will catch the 9.5 train this week which will get the fix by the end of next week with the standard deployment"

Has the fix been implemented? If so, what should users do?  If not, what is the expected time for a fix?

Thanks, MRGMSR

The alternative way is using "Arc Gis..." or "Map box" visuals the latter is available in their website. Sounds we still are facing this annoying issue by bing map.

Hi,

the case is solved with the fix from MS.

For me this can be closed.

Thanks,

FL

Helpful resources

Announcements
Fabric Community Conference

Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join us at our first-ever Microsoft Fabric Community Conference, March 26-28, 2024 in Las Vegas with 100+ sessions by community experts and Microsoft engineering.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors