Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Helper I
Helper I

Loop through filter and export a PDF for every value

Hi, 

I'm looking for a solution to share my report. I would like to loop over the slicer in my report en generate a PDF for every possible value in the slicer. 

What is the best solution to do this? I'm finding a lot of information about this but nothing seems to work. 

Which license do I need? 

Is it possible with Power Automate? 

Thanks for helping me out! 

4 REPLIES 4
KiranHosakote
Helper V
Helper V

@avatar456 

See if BI Helper https://bihelper.tech meets your use case to generate user-specific PDFs (with filters and slicers applied). It works with Power BI Pro and does not need Power Automate. 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can use Power Automate to run a DAX query to retrieve the slicer values (make sure you recreate the filter context) and then request the individual PDF extracts. Note that Power Automate is not designed for mass processing, you will be throttled after eight exports.

There are lots of other tools that claim to do the same thing, and better. None of them are free as far as I know.

What other tools would you suggest? Free use is certainly not a requirement, I am looking for the best solution price/quality. 

Can't in good conscience recommend any of them.  Here's an example of an altenative approach. How to Auto-Schedule Data Export From Power BI - sqlitybi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors