Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Marty_H
Frequent Visitor

Loading HTML content on report page tooltip goes to blank since lastest Power BI service update

Since the last Power BI service update my html (svg) visual in the report page tooltip only loads once in Power BI web service.
In Power BI desktop everyting still works fine, it's just the published versions to the web service that stopped working properly.
When I hover over the area chart for the first time the tooltip loads properly in web service but when I hover away from it and come back they all stay blank.  I see the refresh indicator running but then when it should have loaded it just goes to blank instead.

Here is the report page tooltip in Power BI desktop, it all still loads fine here:

This is the tooltip report page in Power BI desktop, here it all still loads fine.This is the tooltip report page in Power BI desktop, here it all still loads fine.

And here is it in the Power BI web service, only loading once, then when hover off and over again it loads to blank:
HTML_TooltipPBISRVC.jpg

It's very strange as all our dashboards new and old are affected by this...

This is the web service version:

HTML_TooltipPBISRVC2.jpg

We are all pro users here at my company, how can we get an Engineer to look at this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marty_H ,

This issue has been submitted internally (ICM: 303980873) and it has been fixed. Please check.

Best Regards,

Icey

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marty_H ,

This issue has been submitted internally (ICM: 303980873) and it has been fixed. Please check.

Best Regards,

Icey

Marty_H
Frequent Visitor

I also raised the issue on the HTML visual Github page: https://github.com/dm-p/powerbi-visuals-html-content/issues/61

Marty_H
Frequent Visitor

My Pro ticket has been raised.
I hope they have a quick fix. 🤞

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Confirming that I see the same issue. It was working with the prior service version

lbendlin_0-1650762385860.png

You can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/pro/

I also raised it in the issues forum.  HTML tooltips only show the data on first hover - Microsoft Power BI Community

Thanks IbenIin, I'm so glad that I'm not alone with this problem.

I will raise a pro ticket on Monday.

Hopefully they will fix it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

Top Solution Authors