Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SDittmannFleet
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

List drill-down level in treemap or other visuals that are not a bar chart

Is it possible to somehow retrieve the drill-down level of a visual when it's not as immediately obvious as in a bar or column chart? Example: I have a drill-down enabled treemap that works as expected, but visually it's not immediately obvious what level the user is at.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @SDittmannFleet ,

unfortunately, the answer is simple: no!

There is no such concept like "self-awareness" of visuals. Visuals in Power BI visuals support data visualization by interactivng with data in the form of DAX queries.
The closest you can get is leveraging the ISINSCOPE DAX function, but this can become difficult and disturb/destroy the visual readability of the Treemap visual.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @SDittmannFleet ,

unfortunately, the answer is simple: no!

There is no such concept like "self-awareness" of visuals. Visuals in Power BI visuals support data visualization by interactivng with data in the form of DAX queries.
The closest you can get is leveraging the ISINSCOPE DAX function, but this can become difficult and disturb/destroy the visual readability of the Treemap visual.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Thank you for responding. The DAX solution I had found in the meantime, but it only works if the user clicks on the treemap etc. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors