Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TinasheM
Regular Visitor

Line Chart Markers misaligned in Focus Mode

I am experiencing an issue in PBI Service where if I view a line chart in focus mode the markers are misaligned with the line. If I click "back" and reopen in focus mode the markers will show aligned. This is happening in one workspace (Live environment) and its associated app. The identical versions of the reports in the other workspaces (UAT and Dev) are behaving normally. The data is all coming from a SQL Server. This behaviour is happening in both Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers for all users. Has anyone experienced this nad managed to solve it?

TinasheM_0-1697038632144.png

TinasheM_1-1697038676517.png

4 REPLIES 4
tlaresch2
Frequent Visitor

We are experiencing the same issue.  Visual is "Line and stacked column chart".  For a newly loaded page, the first time we go to focus mode in the service, the markers are placed badly.  Back to report, focus again, everything draws fine.  But if we reload the web page, the focus issue occurs on the first try, consistently.  The bad placement of the markers horizontally seems to be incorrectly scaled at about 80% - we are getting about 6 markers for every 5 bars.  The first marker shifted left a bit.  Marker 5 aligns over bar 4, marker 10 over bar 8, and before bar 11, 12, and 13, the markers are done.  Note the line draws as expected.  ALSO NOTE - if I drag the web page tab or resize the browser, the broken focus mode re-draws correctly.

This part of the chart is configured as "Line y-axis" in Desktop.  The feature works flawlessly in Desktop itself.  I have been using Chrome for the service. 

I logged a call with Microsoft and they confirmed this is a bug on their end. Resolution estimated to be completed by the 28th of this month

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

You can raise an issue at https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/idb-p/Issues . If you have a Pro license you can consider raising a Pro ticket at https://admin.powerplatform.microsoft.com/newsupportticket/powerbi

I've raised a ticket, thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors