Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Rohan_Choubey

Issue of Data in Power BI service

Hi Folks,

I have created a Dashboard on Power BI Desktop after this i published the dashboard on Power BI service, all my data till then was showing correctly, but once i manually refreshed the dashboard some of the data gets lost. Additionaly i have also checked no other filters are applied on those visual, and its weird if i delete the dashboard and republish it is shows all the data, but after publishing if i refresh it manually data get blank/lost.

Attaching SS for reference:-

Power BI desktop image

Rohan_Choubey_0-1713944541356.png

Power BI Service Published Dashboard 

Rohan_Choubey_1-1713944601075.png

Can anyone help me out of this issue, thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Martin_D
Super User
Super User

Hi @Rohan_Choubey ,

Obviously your refresh does not fail, because otherwise you would still see the old, published data. That means, you are using valid credentials for the source and the source is responding with valid - but maybe empty - data.

One cause I can think about is that you are using a different identity to authenticate at the data source for the refresh versus in Power BI Desktop. This different identity might, based on privileges, see different data. It's just a guess without, without knowing further details.
Kind regards,
Martin

Hi @Martin_D ,

Priviledges level you mean to say privacy level?(Organizational, Public, Private) i did it all to organizational now and it was showing data correct for both service and desktop.
Power BI Desktop SS

Rohan_Choubey_0-1713961439189.png

Power BI Service Dashboard

Rohan_Choubey_1-1713961474308.png

But now when i change the date range in service the data then comes to blank and zeros, and if i again switch to January data comes back

Rohan_Choubey_2-1713961562199.png

could you help me out !

Hi @Rohan_Choubey ,

I don't think I have enough information so I could clearly help you out.

Privilege is not privacy level. Privilege means, what data is the identity accessing the data source allowed to see, like, for example, in a folder containing 5 files, 3 of them could be shared with you and 3 of them could be shared with me (including a different file than shared with you). Then data refresh would work with your identity and with my identity without error, but we would see different data.
Kind regards,
Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors