Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alfBI
Helper III
Helper III

Issue Help - No way to consume dataflows from another dataflow

Dear colleagues,

I am becoming crazy trying to do such a simple thing as trying to consume a dataflow from another one (chained dataflow)

I am following steps described here 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/dataflows/dataflows-configure-consume

to consume a dataflow from an existing one

alfBI_0-1689586138130.png

alfBI_1-1689586157860.png

but at this point no matter the selection I choose I became stuck.

If we select the legacy after selecting the connection I get following error message

An exception occurred: Unable to connect to the remote server (Session ID: 065444cf-1bb5-4344-8dea-68f16b9ef8c8, Region: europe)

alfBI_2-1689590390765.png

If I select the new Dataflow connector I get stuck awaiting forever the list of dataflows available to be updated

alfBI_3-1689590425519.png

Same issue does occur trying to add new entities or adding linked ones. 

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks for your support,

Alfons

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alfBI
Helper III
Helper III

I think I found the solution. Problem came when you try to add new tables or linked entity tables on an existing dataflow with entities obtained from an On-premise connection (gateway). It looks like you can  not mix different kind of connections on the same dataflow. 

I was able to create chained dataflows tables on a different dataflow created from scratch

So, I answered myself. I Hope it helps some one else

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
alfBI
Helper III
Helper III

I think I found the solution. Problem came when you try to add new tables or linked entity tables on an existing dataflow with entities obtained from an On-premise connection (gateway). It looks like you can  not mix different kind of connections on the same dataflow. 

I was able to create chained dataflows tables on a different dataflow created from scratch

So, I answered myself. I Hope it helps some one else

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors