Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

alfBI
Helper III
Helper III

Issue Help - No way to consume dataflows from another dataflow

Dear colleagues,

I am becoming crazy trying to do such a simple thing as trying to consume a dataflow from another one (chained dataflow)

I am following steps described here 

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/dataflows/dataflows-configure-consume

to consume a dataflow from an existing one

alfBI_0-1689586138130.png

alfBI_1-1689586157860.png

but at this point no matter the selection I choose I became stuck.

If we select the legacy after selecting the connection I get following error message

An exception occurred: Unable to connect to the remote server (Session ID: 065444cf-1bb5-4344-8dea-68f16b9ef8c8, Region: europe)

alfBI_2-1689590390765.png

If I select the new Dataflow connector I get stuck awaiting forever the list of dataflows available to be updated

alfBI_3-1689590425519.png

Same issue does occur trying to add new entities or adding linked ones. 

Am I missing something? What am I doing wrong?

Many Thanks for your support,

Alfons

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alfBI
Helper III
Helper III

I think I found the solution. Problem came when you try to add new tables or linked entity tables on an existing dataflow with entities obtained from an On-premise connection (gateway). It looks like you can  not mix different kind of connections on the same dataflow. 

I was able to create chained dataflows tables on a different dataflow created from scratch

So, I answered myself. I Hope it helps some one else

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
alfBI
Helper III
Helper III

I think I found the solution. Problem came when you try to add new tables or linked entity tables on an existing dataflow with entities obtained from an On-premise connection (gateway). It looks like you can  not mix different kind of connections on the same dataflow. 

I was able to create chained dataflows tables on a different dataflow created from scratch

So, I answered myself. I Hope it helps some one else

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors