Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

pthapa
Resolver I
Resolver I

Is it possible for a user to choose the parameters from the report in power bi app?

Hello team,
I was wondering how a user can choose the parameters from the parameterized report that is published in the power bi app.
Example scenario: Power bi is running a stored procedure that has parameters in it such as StartDate, EndDate etc.

Is it even possible for the users to select the parameters? If yes, can you please provide the steps or example.

Thank you for your assistance !!!

PT

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @pthapa 

Technically it is possible but complicated and it is not recommended for end users. For that you will need to give Edit permission to user on the semantic model, the user will have to take over the control of semantic model, change parameters, have also access to the workspace as member and finally update the App.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
pthapa
Resolver I
Resolver I

Thanks for your response @aj1973 . I wish there was the option available for end users to select the parameters in the power bi app. Its not best practice for users to grant access to the sementic model. Hopefully power bi team will updates the features in the future release.

Thank you for your feedback.

aj1973
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @pthapa 

Technically it is possible but complicated and it is not recommended for end users. For that you will need to give Edit permission to user on the semantic model, the user will have to take over the control of semantic model, change parameters, have also access to the workspace as member and finally update the App.

Regards
Amine Jerbi

If I answered your question, please mark this thread as accepted
and you can follow me on
My Website, LinkedIn and Facebook

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors