Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DaDa_Andy
Regular Visitor

Internal personnel of my organization could only see blank reports when my machine is off

Hello. 

I have created Power BI reports for my organization. I have published these reports on a designated workspace. My organization has purchased licenses for the personnels who need access to these reports. We noticed that, when my computer is off/shut down, these personnels, who are internal to my organization, could only see a blank report. 

How should I resolve this? I would like for these personnels to see the full content of the reports at any time even if my machine is off. 

Thank you very much. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@DaDa_Andy ,
Are you using gateway dependent on a database your system? Also, are you conenctin go the DB using DirectQuery mode?
If yes, then yes this might be happening due to dependency on DB which is not active when your laptop/system is off.

You might want to shift the DB to a shared server where DB will be on and no dependency would be present on a single system. Otherwise you can use import mode and make suer your system is ON when refreshing.

PBI_SuperUser_Rank@1x.png  

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

Proud To Be a Super User !!!
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anand24
Super User
Super User

Hi @DaDa_Andy ,
Power BI reports published in workspaces are never system/machine dependent.
Please clarify the below:

1 - What type of license do you and others hold? Is it PRO or Premium or PPU?
2- Is any RLS applied in your report?
3 - Have you mistakenly published report to your "My reports" ?
4 - Is the screen completely blank for other users or does it throw any error?

Give a Thumbs Up if this post helped you in any way and Mark This Post as Solution if it solved your query !!!

LinkedIn

Hello @Anand24,

1. We have PRO licenses. 

2. What is an RLS? 

3. All reports are published in a designated workspace. 

4. They (my colleagues) don't see the visualization and the data. 

@DaDa_Andy ,
If all of you have PRO licences, it should be enough to share the reports and data. 

RLS is row level security through which data can be restricted with respect to specific user. It can basically decide what different users can see. Please check this.

Can you send a snapshot of what you see and what other users see. 

Apart from these, please tell your users to try opening the report in a new incognito mode just so that no cache is affecting the report screen.

LinkedIn

DaDa_Andy_0-1678815183721.png

Is this a gateway issu you think?

@DaDa_Andy ,
Are you using gateway dependent on a database your system? Also, are you conenctin go the DB using DirectQuery mode?
If yes, then yes this might be happening due to dependency on DB which is not active when your laptop/system is off.

You might want to shift the DB to a shared server where DB will be on and no dependency would be present on a single system. Otherwise you can use import mode and make suer your system is ON when refreshing.

LinkedIn

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors