Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

SorenHElisa
Helper I
Helper I

Internal error in dataflow connecting to Netezza via OleDB, ODBC and native driver

Hi,

I'm trying to connect to a Netezza database from dataflow. 

What I have tried:

OleDB: direct SQL command (cannot select table from list, due to errors)

Native driver: select full table (no option to write SQL) 

ODBC: select full table AND SQL command

All four (4) versions give internal error.

I'm beginning with empty query (since there is no option for Netezza in databases) and copy-pasting the M code from a Desktop version of Power BI. This is an example using the OleDB driver loading a time dimension:

let
Source = OleDb.DataSource("provider=NZOLEDB;data source=<host name>;initial catalog=<database name>", [Query="Select * from dim_time"])
in
Source

I'm connecting to a gateway where the appropriate connection created (works when refreshing a Power BI Report created in Desktop). In data flow I get an error with these IDs:

Internal error Request ID: 802757b4-b5de-d36c-c547-ba9540fb5167

Activity ID: 820fe508-909c-4668-9b40-b91513b56802

Could you please have a look at these IDs?

Since I'm using a browser with Swedish as the main language, the query name was automatically created as "Fråga", wich includes a "special" character. Even if I change this, the error still remains, so this is (probably) not the issue. Or is it?

Best regards,

Sören

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @SorenHElisa 

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @SorenHElisa 

If you have Pro account you could try to open a support ticket. If you have a Pro account it is free. Go to https://support.powerbi.com. Scroll down and click "CREATE SUPPORT TICKET".

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors