Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

jeromethibaudea

Import data from fillable pdf

Hi, 

I'm having issues importing data from a PDF fillable form into PowerBI. I'm familiar and able to import content from a pdf, but the content inputted through the fillable pdf form is nowhere to be found. 

I intend to import the content of a pdf applicaiton forms into PowerBI to analyse the submission responses for trends and completeness. I can import one pdf and access the underlying questionnnaire text/tables without issues, but the applicant's submission, the content to be analysed, is not available in the pdf content import.  To date, I have tried flattening the pdf, but without success. 

Any insights into this is appreciated. 

Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Doesn't look like Pdf.Tables - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs is of any help here.  It barely recognizes the holding table (Table005 in your case).  Short of implementing your own PDF parser this might not currently be possible.

Extract PDF Form Data FDF - Microsoft Power BI Community

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

any chance you could post a sanitized version of such a PDF file?

Here are a couple of link to the pdf. I would be looking to extract the information provided in Section J, # of fixtures requested. 

- Sanatize example of the PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VK1WP3j2vVcZ7CZ9eBMviDGvLw42WggM/view?usp=sharing 

- blank pdf form: https://www.surrey.ca/sites/default/files/media/documents/PlumbingPermitApplication.pdf

Doesn't look like Pdf.Tables - PowerQuery M | Microsoft Docs is of any help here.  It barely recognizes the holding table (Table005 in your case).  Short of implementing your own PDF parser this might not currently be possible.

Extract PDF Form Data FDF - Microsoft Power BI Community

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors