Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ShakilaDe
Frequent Visitor

Import Query dataset refresh for every 30 minutes

Hi All,

Is it any option to reload the Power BI dataset for every 30 minute per day (more than 12-18 runs) under Import  query options?

Regards,

Shakila D

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

@ShakilaDe Pro license allows for 8 refreshes per day. Premium license is documented at 48x per day although a different user has seen that in the Service it is unlimited, so maybe that is a recent change.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

depending on your datasource just Power BI Premium offers a data refresh rate that can be scheduled up 48times per day (every 30 min): https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi-premium/

Without Premium you are limited to 8 times per day.

Maybe you have to consider using on-premises data (assuming you data source supports direct query or live connection), here the user just needs to refresh the report. Here is a link to a more detailed about Data refresh, this link also contains a list of data sources that support direct query or live connection.

Hopefully this is what you are looking

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can use this, I'm using it for 1 year now and it spared me a lot of searches and headaches

you can resfresh the data every 2 minutes if you want, and for unlimited number of workbooks

Power BI scheduled refresh more than 8 times a day

unless you already found a better option

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey,

depending on your datasource just Power BI Premium offers a data refresh rate that can be scheduled up 48times per day (every 30 min): https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi-premium/

Without Premium you are limited to 8 times per day.

Maybe you have to consider using on-premises data (assuming you data source supports direct query or live connection), here the user just needs to refresh the report. Here is a link to a more detailed about Data refresh, this link also contains a list of data sources that support direct query or live connection.

Hopefully this is what you are looking

Regards

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

@ShakilaDe Pro license allows for 8 refreshes per day. Premium license is documented at 48x per day although a different user has seen that in the Service it is unlimited, so maybe that is a recent change.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I had a similar requirement. 

Data source -> ODATA connection

Since the number of data refresh are limited to 8 (for Pro), i used AHK scripting to automate data refresh. Have pasted the refresh scipt below.  This script (automates the manual way of refreshing PowerBI Online reports) will automatically click the 'refresh now' button of the dataset in PowerBI online and refresh the report also. 

Note -> Please change the screen coordinates to your screen coordinates & Update the Report link. 

Instead of giving buttons, you can add a time interval after which the script will repeatedly execute. 

----

gui, add, button, x5 y10 h20 w140 gsub1, View Existing Dashboard ;
gui, add, button, x5 y40 h20 w140 gsub2, Refresh Data ;
gui, add, button, x5 y70 h20 w140 gexit, Exit Script
gui, show, w150
return

sub1:
{
Run, chrome.exe "REPORT LINK"
}
return

sub2:
{
msgbox, Data refresh in progress!
Run, chrome.exe "https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/list/datasets"
sleep, 20000
MouseMove, 250, 539
sleep, 200
Click
sleep, 5000
MouseMove, 254, 945
sleep, 200
Click
sleep, 5000
MouseClick, left, 320, 625
sleep, 20000

Run, chrome.exe "REPORT LINK"
sleep, 25000
MouseMove, 681, 173
sleep, 200
Click
}
return

guiclose:
exit:
{
exitapp
}
return

Thanks!

@ShakilaDe Not unless you are able to use Direct Query or Live Connection. (Database/SSAS server). You are limited to 8x per day, regardless of whether you initiate from the Service or API

Okay thank you all..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors