Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AR064667
Frequent Visitor

Image not displaying in APP

I am creating App in Powerbi App space. I could succesfully add all the images and corresponding links to the app but once I publish the app, all the images in the tile gets displayed for that particular day and the very next day the images in the tile will be blank. Attaching screenshot for reference. I have stored my images in sharepoint folder. 

Image.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @AR064667 ,

Please let those users copy and paste the image URLs directly into the browser, if they can see the images just fine, then it's not a permission issue.

If it's not a permission issue, I think you can try other ways.

1. Store these images on other websites.

Solved: Dashboard Image Tile Can't Load Image 

Power BI – Using OneDrive to Embed and Host Images for Power BI 

2. Store Images in Power BI using Base64.

Embedding Images in Power BI using Base64 

Storing Large Images In Power BI Datasets 

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
AR064667
Frequent Visitor

Hi Winniz,

Sorry for the delay in response. As told I have made the sharepoint site public and updated the images but still getting the same error. Please let me know in case you need more information.

error image.PNG

Thank You.

Hi @AR064667 ,

Do you use the URL that points directly to the picture (Open the image -> Copy image link)? Does this way work?

What are the detailed error messages that visuals display?

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Hi Winniz,

I have used the direct URL i.e Open image -> Copy URL. The problem is as soon as I add the URL in the image tile its shows up but when I go and check the app space next day all the images would disappear and each tile show up error as "We could not load image" as shown in the below image.Screenshot_1.png

Thank You.

Hi @AR064667 ,

Please let those users copy and paste the image URLs directly into the browser, if they can see the images just fine, then it's not a permission issue.

If it's not a permission issue, I think you can try other ways.

1. Store these images on other websites.

Solved: Dashboard Image Tile Can't Load Image 

Power BI – Using OneDrive to Embed and Host Images for Power BI 

2. Store Images in Power BI using Base64.

Embedding Images in Power BI using Base64 

Storing Large Images In Power BI Datasets 

Best Regards,
Winniz

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Winniz,

Thank you so much for your help in solving this issue. I uploaded the images in Onedrive and embeded the images, now all the images are coming up in App space.

Thank you once again.

Thanks,

Aishwarya R

v-kkf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AR064667 ,

Does this happen to other apps that contain images? Could all users accessing the app not be able to see the images? Could you please unpublish the app and re-publish it again?

Best Regards,
Winniz

Hi Winniz,

Thank you for replying.The problem is I am being the publisher/admin able to see the images, but the users are not able to see the images. I tried re-publishing the app,but no luck.

Hi @AR064667 ,

If you are using the method in this video to connect to the SharePoint folder, I think this is due to you having permissions to your folder, and thus you are authenticated vs. anyone else viewing who is not.

Try to add these users to your SharePoint site members and see if they can see these images.

In addition, you can also use the URL that points directly to the picture (Open the image -> Copy image link), which will allow anyone to access the image.

image.png

If the problem is still not resolved, please provide detailed error information or the expected result you expect. Let me know immediately, looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Winniz

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors