Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

huang1682012
Frequent Visitor

How to publish dashboard works to PowerBI data gallery as an individual user?

Hi, 

I recently signed up for a O365 E3 trial in order to get an email account ending with @onmicrosoft.com. I need this organizational email address in order to sign up for PowerBI service and I also plan to publish future dashboard works to the data gallery as an individual user for personal projects and analytics work sharing purposes. Will I still be able to use this email domain@onmicrosoft.com to access my PowerBI service after the trial ends? If this email address expires as the trial ends, what workarounds do I have if I want to 1) be able to use PowerBI service 2) publish my dashboard works onto powerbi data gallery 3) be able to embed dashboard works on the data gallery to my personal website for long term use? 

I have tried doing research on this topic but couldn't find helpful answers on the web. Will appreciate a lot if anyone can help answer my questions here. Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi! Alright. Let's see.

1) You will keep the Power Bi Free account after the trial ends. E3 trial doesn't contain PowerBi at all. It's an excuse to build a professional account and turn free power bi license.

2) Yes. You will be able to paste reports in the forum data gallery.

3) As a free user, you can only Publish To Web reports and embed in an iframe. This means the data is public and you should use this for sensitive data.

You can always take a summary on guy in a cube 🙂
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZyy_qqRPiU

Hope that helps

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Hi @ibarrau , 

Thanks for your prompt reply! Just to confirm, will I still be able to log into my powerbi free account with the @onmicrosoft.com email once E3 trial expires? My goal is to be able to use a valid email address as a login to access my analytics works on powerbi service, data gallery, etc for long term; however, I am worried that the @onmicrosoft.com email may potentially lock me out once the E3 trial expires? 

You will be able to keep using Power bi.

Again. The E3 is only getting you free word, excel, etc for a trial period. Power Bi is not included there. You can have an @onmicrosoft account free with free power bi 😉
I have a free account for my personal test in my blog and it was all free with onmicrosoft.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors