Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Saxon10
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

How to link multiple Power BI Reports to share point

The BI file has 5 different report and its published under the workspace. Those 5 reports has different URL link.

I created 5 different buttons in share point page and I linked each individual reports to theose 5 buttons by using web URL link but 

its showing all 5 reports of each buttons even I assigned specific web URL link to each buttons.

How can I avoid the conflict.

I would like to assign individual reports to each buttons instead of showing all the reports in same button.

10 REPLIES 10
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

When you say "Report" do you mean a report page?

@lbendlin,

Yes, I mean by report pages. 

If you look at the general URL structure in Power BI you see something like this:

https://app.powerbi.com/groups/me/apps/.../reports/.../ReportSectionbfe739d01691931zzzz1

apps = application ID

reports = report ID

ReportSection = report page ID

Make sure that your links include the reportsection part. Each report page has its own ReportSection ID.

@lbendlin,

I follow up your suggestion and I copied individual report web URL link and past the individual web URL link under action button but  still showing 5 reports page instead of one report.

snapshotIMG_20211209_231639.jpg

How can I link individual web URL link to the button? 

Did the report open on the expected page for each button?

@lbendlin,

It's showing all 5 reports pages in same button even I linked individual report page web URL.

Maybe you can show an example of your current setup and describe how it differs from what you want to achieve.

@lbendlin,

Thanks for your reply. 

I am unable to share the actual business data. Can you please share is there any relevant article link so I could use it or if it possible could you able to test the same scenario at your end and share your testing results. Its really helpful. 

Here is the report reference https://www.dropbox.com/s/igrr4he8cvsw57b/Book%20marks%20and%20button-08-12-2021.pbix?dl=0

This doesn't help much as all the setup needs to be done after you published the PBIX to the Power BI Service.  The report page links are not exposed on Power BI Desktop.

Having said that, have you looked into the newly introduced Page and bookmark navigation feature?

Power BI November 2021 Feature Summary | Microsoft Power BI Blog | Microsoft Power BI

@lbendlin,

Thanks for your reply and suggestions.

I will test and confirm as soon as possible. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors