Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

rodrigo_callejo
Regular Visitor

How to apply RLS without a role

Hi everyone,

My question is very simple. I want to secure my Power BI using the userprincipalname() function in Power BI, which has always worked well for me. The problem is that it's not practical to manually maintain a list of emails in the service to which security is applied, as this list can change daily. Is there a way to secure without needing to add all the emails to a role? Perhaps it's possible to have all users default to a role? If this isn't possible, is there a way to add emails to the role's list via API?

Just so you understand me, what I want to avoid its to manually define the email list here, I want it to be automatic/dynamic:

rodrigo_callejo_0-1714725055192.png

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
rodrigo_callejo
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the reply @arvindsingh802 so if I I use an email group that should do the trick... I'll give it a try the next week and I'll post here the results. Thanks a lot!

arvindsingh802
Super User
Super User

I would suggest to use groupd rather than adding email one by one
Usually each org has a groups having all emaployee added to it, I would suggest connect with your IT team and use that group to remove your manual overhead

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution, Appreciate your Kudos!!
Proud to be a Super User!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors