Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Wairere

How do I create a Calculated Column on a Visual Studio Online Report

Hi -

So I appear to have caught myself in some kind of weird chicken or egg situation.

1. I have connected Power BI Services to my VSO account via the Content Pack - works great!
  2. Now I need to create a table that shows me the Feature and a COUNT of Resolved User stories for each feature
  3. Looks I have to do it with DAX which is not supported in Power BI Service, Only Desktop
  4. Install Power BI Desktop - now trying to connect to VSO with Desktop - This article suggests that I can't

Anyone got any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Your interpretation of that forum thread is technically incorrect. You can connect to the Visual Studio Online OData feeds. By using the following article, I was able to configure alternate credentials and connect using Desktop's OData option. Definitely more work than using the Content Pack, but theoretically doable.

https://tfsodata.visualstudio.com

It is true that content packs do not work in Desktop, which is what that forum thread talks about. Basically, you have to "roll your own" content pack.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors