Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

savanth

How can we filter time in hour , minute and second for a date time datatype field from PowerBI Web?

Hi all , 

Am stuck up in an issue in power Bi web , that am not able to filter a date time field in hour , minute and second which is a dataset i created using Power BI Rest API . The same when I tried from Power BI Desktop , am able to change the datatype option against a field . So when I tried with that , I changed the datatype of a field to date time , and publish , it shows the exact data what am expecting . But when trying from a service and pushing my data against a field set datatype as date time using Power BI Rest API , it only shows the date in the table chart . When we look on the filter option of that particular field , I can see the time also along with the date . So it meant time is also added in that field . But when drag and drop that date time field into a chart , it shows only the date . 😞 

Please do a response as early as possible . 

Thanks 

Savanth S 

Issue PowerBI.png

1 REPLY 1
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

You should post this in Issues. I have seen a number of other problems posted here with datetime fields when using the Rest API.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors