Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JanaG
Frequent Visitor

How can I set a PBI user to read only?

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for a powershell command on how to set a user to read only in PBI. This should be done on all data to which he has access. The data should then be able to be exported
Is there anything about that?

It's about a possible implementation of Litigation Hold in Power BI.

Thank you!

Jana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @JanaG ,

Go to your workspace-> click on access -> check if that user is there in the list

If yes, then click on 3 dots at the right end of that user name and give the admin access.

If that user isn't there in the list, click on new-> provide the email id and select role as Admin 

@JanaG -> please accept it as a solution & hit the thumbs up button if it helps you. Thanks.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
truptis
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @JanaG ,

Go to your workspace-> click on access -> check if that user is there in the list

If yes, then click on 3 dots at the right end of that user name and give the admin access.

If that user isn't there in the list, click on new-> provide the email id and select role as Admin 

@JanaG -> please accept it as a solution & hit the thumbs up button if it helps you. Thanks.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

remove the user from the workspace or change their workspace role to reader.

Remove-PowerBIWorkspaceUser (MicrosoftPowerBIMgmt.Workspaces) | Microsoft Docs

JanaG
Frequent Visitor

My question is about how I can implement Litigation Hold as an admin in Power BI.
One part is to set the user to read only

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Needs more details. Does that user have access to workspaces? if so, in which role?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors