Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

bjnodello
Helper II
Helper II

Horizontal slicer with DATES displaying as vertical

I have a horizontal slicer that initially displays as vertical.  As soon as you interact with the slicer (or any other slicer on the report) it reverts to horizontal again.  The values in the slicer are Dates.  I have 2 other identical slicers (values are text) that are functioning correctly.  This is a new behavior as it functioned properly until recently.  It could be coincidence, but noticed it the same time I noticed the Between, Before, After, List options on the slicer with date values.  Issue exists in Chrome and Explorer 11, I haven't tried others.  I tried deleting and recreating the slicer and the issue still exists.  Any ideas? Images below.

EDIT: The issue is in the Power BI service, not Power BI Desktop.  I have seen it in all of my reports published with slicers that have date values. As a workaround I have a date column as text, but this is not ideal. 

Thanks,

Brett

Starts like this...

slicer error 1.PNG

Select a value and it changes to this...

slicer error 2.PNG

New options on the slicer with dates...related?

slicer error 3.PNG

Slicer settings...

slicer error 4.PNG

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
bjnodello
Helper II
Helper II

@v-yuezhe-msft.  Quick Update: I republished the report with the October 2016 Power BI Desktop release and the issue appears to have been fixed.  My slicers with date values remain horizontal.

View solution in original post

The fix for this issue should be available on 1/16/2017.

Best Regards,

Herbert

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors