Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

umasankar
Frequent Visitor

Historical report freezing with data

Hi Team,

Myself umasankar, 

I have a report thats getting connected to one cloud database. That data is keep on updating and the report is getting refreshed by every month end. Now i want to move or create a copy of report with the old data before the data refresh is happend. so th user can compare the latest report with his old reports(moved or copied versions) for comparision.

Note: We want a copy of the report for every month before datarefresh.

Appriciate your help in advanace.

Thankd you.

Umasankar.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

same solution as early explained, you have 2 choice: 

1) manually dowload the data and paste in a data base of any kind or excel

2) create a copy paste and append runtime over azure data factory to to this and make a power automate flow that when the data factory finish send of a alert that active the flow and the flow make the dataset to refresh with the new data and the historical

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
umasankar
Frequent Visitor

i want to automate the process to download/copy the report on everymonth before datarefresh.

Is there any process for this ?

umasankar
Frequent Visitor

Instead of storig the data using the time line. is there a way to copy/download the pbix file from the powerbi service and store it in a required location ?

same solution as early explained, you have 2 choice: 

1) manually dowload the data and paste in a data base of any kind or excel

2) create a copy paste and append runtime over azure data factory to to this and make a power automate flow that when the data factory finish send of a alert that active the flow and the flow make the dataset to refresh with the new data and the historical

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! / Did it help? Give some Kudos!

Hi @umasankar !

Yes you can download the .pbix file from Power BI Service, you can use these file as a historical source.

HashamNiaz_0-1640705190060.png

Regards,

Hasham

StefanoGrimaldi
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

this can be done without needing to create a copy depending on the source, if the changes are happening in a row level meaning that its adding new rows you can use time intelligence for this, if the update its modifying the existing rows data and not creating new data itself this will be a little more tricky, you have different ways, manually copy into a database or excel the data with a added column of the month year that data correspond and them use time intelligence to compare, or create a task in a server database, sharepoint or azure data factory that copy tha data before at beggingn of each month and tranfer it to the datasource of your use, 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors