Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Having trouble getting edit controls for ArcGIS Maps

Hello all:I just starting to play around with the ArcGIS map. I have a very simple dataset (sample) with Sales Amount and Country Name (in two different tables). Seems all I can get out of it is a filled map where every country (that has sales) is filled with the same color. Isn't there supposed to be some edit capabilities inside the visual itself? (as opposed to the formatting pane as with other canned Power BI visuals) This is what I see:

2018-07-16_11-17-09.png

The yellow button in the upper right corner allows me to "Connect to ArcGIS" (I am under the assumption, from all that I have read, that a ArcGIS 'Plus Subscription" is NOT required). But after logging in, I see a yellow banner at the bottom of the map that says, "Public accounts are not supported in ArcGIS Maps for Power BI".

What am I missing? Is something broken?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, this is on both the App store version and the dowloaded June MSI verions. 

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

Proud to be a Super User!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Click the elipsis, then select Edit.

DOH!

Did I answer your question? If so, mark my post as a solution. Also consider helping someone else in the forums!

View solution in original post

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ToddChitt,

For color different countries, you can drag country column to color fields to achieve this.

In addition, 'Connect to ArcGIS' feature is for esri plus subscription users, you can take a look at following link to know more about this feature.

Esri Plus Subscription for ArcGIS Maps for Power BI is now available

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
MattSh0tt0n
Frequent Visitor

Has this edit option since been removed? I've just started using Arc in PBI and only see these options... 

MattSh0tt0n_0-1674228802418.png

Hi there 

Did you get an answer to this? I have the same issue. This no longer has an edit option. 

It has a menu like below but I can't find the "Pin" option. All the Youtube videos point to these pins and it seems so much easier to use the maps with the menu on the top. 

msfer_0-1681788840451.png

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ToddChitt,

For color different countries, you can drag country column to color fields to achieve this.

In addition, 'Connect to ArcGIS' feature is for esri plus subscription users, you can take a look at following link to know more about this feature.

Esri Plus Subscription for ArcGIS Maps for Power BI is now available

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, all, for the great suggestions, but REALLY, my question was more akin to "HOW DO YOU GET STARTED EDITING an Esri map?" With the emphasis on "GET STARTED"

I answered my own questions with, "Right-click on the elipsis, select Edit." Once I got that, everything else was easy. It just took me a while to find it as it is not the same as other Power BI Visuals.

2018-07-26_8-30-09.png

You were all telling me how to drive the car, and I was asking where to put the key. 🙂

ToddChitt
Super User
Super User

Click the elipsis, then select Edit.

DOH!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors