Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

josteinross
Advocate I
Advocate I

Git workspace integration gone

Hi all

I recently integrated a couple of my workspaces with Git through Azure DevOps repos. However, this morning when I went into Power BI service the icon for the source control was gone and I can no longer see an option for Git-integration when I go to workspace settings? All the workspaces have Premium Capacity. Has the feature been removed or have I done something? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
noamraveh
Employee
Employee

We’re currently experiencing an ongoing issue where Git integration is not showing for some users in the workspace, despite it being previously available.  

Our team is actively addressing this matter, and a fix is in progress. We anticipate resolving the issue promptly. In the meantime, users can re-enable Git integration by adding the following parameter to the URL: ‘displayProjectTridentUIEnabled=1’ (https://app.fabric.microsoft.com/home?displayProjectTridentUIEnabled=1&experience=power-bi).

It's essential to note that Git integration is a premium feature of Fabric. Moving forward, utilizing Git integration for any item type will require a premium capacity and enabling the creation of Fabric items via the admin switch, as outlined here.

We appreciate your understanding and patience

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Johag
Frequent Visitor

I can also confirm this issue, experience same thing. 

If you need to sync some updates, use the url in the solution-post until this will be fixed. Works fine!

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all ,

Please first follow the workaround provided by @noamraveh  to alleviate your problems . 

vyetao1msft_0-1702432361827.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

macmy034
Advocate II
Advocate II

Any news on this guys? I've seen nothing from Microsoft yet....

Hi @macmy034,
The post from noamraveh has the hotfix which worked for me. You can just follow the link in their post and navigate to your workspace and the parameter will still be applied.
Hopefully you should see the Git Integration and source control options.

Magic! I must have missed that, Thanks so much!

macmy034
Advocate II
Advocate II

Any news on this guys? Yet to hear anything from Microsoft about it...

noamraveh
Employee
Employee

We’re currently experiencing an ongoing issue where Git integration is not showing for some users in the workspace, despite it being previously available.  

Our team is actively addressing this matter, and a fix is in progress. We anticipate resolving the issue promptly. In the meantime, users can re-enable Git integration by adding the following parameter to the URL: ‘displayProjectTridentUIEnabled=1’ (https://app.fabric.microsoft.com/home?displayProjectTridentUIEnabled=1&experience=power-bi).

It's essential to note that Git integration is a premium feature of Fabric. Moving forward, utilizing Git integration for any item type will require a premium capacity and enabling the creation of Fabric items via the admin switch, as outlined here.

We appreciate your understanding and patience

v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @josteinross 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient. 

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Kav_acharya

Hi All, I am facing the same issue. 

EGobi
Frequent Visitor

We're facing the same issue here!

KGeibel

same issue here.

DamianMJaworski
Regular Visitor

Same problem in my organization. Everything was fine on Friday. Problem is also affecting our tenant admin. We've raised a support ticket. 

BrandedSaiyan
Advocate I
Advocate I

To follow up here, I've submitted a support ticket to Microsoft on this issue. Thanks for posting here for visibility. 

BrandedSaiyan
Advocate I
Advocate I

My team is having the same issue. I'm the service admin and can still see all of the GIT integration options but nobody else can. Looking for advice and checking to see what changed. 

Ben_C
Frequent Visitor

I'm also having the same issue, this morning Git intergration and source control options are no longer displayed in the workspace.

I have workspace admin role however after speaking to the service admin they are still able to see the options. Has the control of Git intergration moved under service admins only?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors