Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Martin_D
Super User
Super User

Get tenant overview of storage consumption

Hi,

Is there a way to get this per workspace storage consumption information in an aggregated way for the whole tenant by license type and capacity, in one place, in a GUI or API (API preferred)? Or can I get this per workspace from an API, so I can iterate over the workspaces and request the storage consumption API per workspace to create this aggregated view myself?

Martin_D_0-1714125470926.png

thank you very much!
Kind regards,

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

"select optional columns"

lbendlin_0-1714405065128.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yohua-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Martin_D 

The Fabric Capacity Metrics app provides a detailed view of storage consumption. As a capacity admin, you can leverage this app to see storage consumption per workspace. For more details, you can refer to the documentation on OneLake capacity consumption:

OneLake capacity consumption example - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Microsoft OneLake and Fabric environments expose their data through Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS) Gen2 APIs and SDKs. You can use these APIs to access storage consumption data for each workspace. For more information about how operations in OneLake, you can see the documentation:

Capacities - REST API (Power BI Power BI REST APIs) | Microsoft Learn

OneLake consumption - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Best Regards

Yongkang Hua

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

That app only reports on consmed Fabric artifacts. The question is about legacy Premium assets.

There is some reporting on "active" datasets and dataflows but we found it to be unreliable.

Thank you, @lbendlin ,

Do you remember where to find this "active" datasets and dataflows information?
Kind regards,

Martin

"select optional columns"

lbendlin_0-1714405065128.png

Hi @lbendlin ,

Thank you very much! I found it. This is indeed not very useful to get this type of overview. It's not only not available for Pro workspaces, even in Premium workspaces something must have happened with the dataset or dataflow in the last 14 days (either refresh or report query) to occur at all. This list is not at all a complete set of capacity assets. Also for some reasons it doesn't show a total. But here, Excel can help.

Martin_D_0-1714457028253.png

Kind regards,

Martin

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors