Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cfccai
Advocate II
Advocate II

Get Unexpected error when creating semantic model of a lakehouse table

hello

I would like to create a semantic model for my power BI report.

I was able to create the semantic model one week ago, but yeaster day I got the error(As below screenshot shown). I tried several different tables and lakehouses in different workspaces, didn't work.

I asked my colleague to perform the same operation in his own workspace, got the same error.

cfccai_0-1712024331545.png

Can any technicals help to check the issue. Thanks a lot.

51 REPLIES 51
mike_honey
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

I'm striking this error too, along with many other people.  The proposed workaround to enable sensitivity labels in my tenant settings failed. Error is:

Information protection couldn't be enabled. Make sure Microsoft Purview Information Protection sensitivity labels are created and published for your organization. Then try again.

The "learn more" link was not informative on how to set those up. Anyway seems like a whole big thing to consider just to get this feature working. Struggling to see the relevance tbh.

Links provided above on the SQL endpoint do not mention creating semantic models at all, so seem irrelevant.

Hoping this will be fixed this week, as advised above. 

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

The fix is expected to be rolled out in the week of 4/15.
In the meanwhile, please try to use SQL endpoint to create semantic model for tenants where sensitivity label is disabled.

In the meanwhile as mitigation, you can use sql endpoint to create S.

Best Regards
Community Support Team _ Rongtie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Please indicate me how to use SQL endpoint to create semantic model.

I am not seeing any entry of creating semantic model with SQL endpoint

Hi @cfccai ,

Here are the documents about SQL endpoint.

What is the SQL analytics endpoint for a lakehouse? - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

What is data warehousing in Microsoft Fabric? - Microsoft Fabric | Microsoft Learn

Stay tuned. The fix is expected to be rolled out in the week of 4/15.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

cboneill0099
Helper I
Helper I

Crazy such an error wasn't found in testing.  Seems like a pretty major bug, especially right after the Fabric conference.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  all,

The fix is expected to be rolled out in the week of 4/15.
In the meanwhile, please try to use SQL endpoint to create semantic model for tenants where sensitivity label is disabled.

Best Regards

hello,

Please let us know if there is an update on this topic.

Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot for your reply. Please let us know once this is fixed.

v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi all,

This issue has been resolved, please check.

Best Regards

I still get the error :

new_model_error.png

I am still getting the issue when I click on New semantic model option in my lakehouse.

Do you know if this might take some days depending on the region? because I'm still having the error.

Regards

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

I am also running into the same error. I read that the fix was expected the week of 4/15, is that still the expectation as of 4/17?

I am still having the issue.

I am in region RGC China mainland.

I am still having the same issue. How do you fix the problem?

hi, 

Still got same error. 

Can you please double check?

Thanks 

Still not working for us.

Thanks, mine seems to be working now.

we are still facing the problem. Can you please kindly provide your solution details? Thanks

RajeshNegi
Regular Visitor

When we are in LAKEHOUSE mode I am seeting the issue.

Once we change it to SQL analytical endpoint -> Reporting -> New semantic model.

I am able to create the Semantic model no need to changing the settings.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors