Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Monika_85
Frequent Visitor

Gateway connection issue

hey first time experienced this kind of problem. I published report on Power BI service and tried to select gateway connection: one for sql server and 3 excel files and each time I choose the correct "Maps to" path and click "Apply" I get the same error message: 

Monika_85_0-1671725784342.png

I tried with different workspaces. I created new gateway for excel files. But all failed. I've never had similar issue with the same sql server data source or other excel files so I assume sthg is wrong with the excel file dataset I'm using now but not sure what it can be.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Monika_85 Hi this is a known issue. Power BI team is working on it.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Screenshot_20221223-085927_Chrome.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
AbbasG
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

@Monika_85 Hi this is a known issue. Power BI team is working on it.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Screenshot_20221223-085927_Chrome.jpg

yes, creating 3 different gateways for each file definately helped

collinq
Super User
Super User

HI @Monika_85 ,

The error message might be right - the gateway itself might not be running.  I would first confirm that the gateway is up and running.  Then, I would confirm that the Data Source is correct (which it probably is since you were able to select it), but worth checking on.  Then, I would confirm that the userid you are using has access to that Data Source in the Gateway setting.

Since you mentioned that it failed in multiple attempts I would think it was permissions or the gateway not working as expected.

You might also want to make sure that the gateway is updated, it could be that your Power BI Desktop is significantly newer than the gateway (although when that happens the error message usually clearly states that the versions are different).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors