Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TomRobbins
Frequent Visitor

GCC SharePoint Power BI Webpart not working

Anyone have any idea when the ability to use the Power BI webpart in GCC will happen?  I opened a ticket for Microsoft last year and they said it just won't work in GCC but couldn't tell me more.

You can paste in the "Embed Report / SharePoint Online" code, but the webpart doesn't populate the "Page name" or "Display" drop down.  Upon inspection of the html console, it fails trying to connect to a public powerbi portal.  Bla bla bla.  But it doesn't work.

So we have to fail back on the more risky "Publish to (web)" and use the Embed web part.  WE don't like that because it could expose our data externally.

So, any ideas from anyone when the SP PowerBI web part for GCC will work?  I did look at previous posts but didn't see an answer.  Is it working for anyone in GCC?

3 REPLIES 3
JPL_Mike

Having this issue also. Can embed in Teams, but not SharePoint. Also cannot embed in PowerPoint.  The PowerPoint plugin changes the GCC URL to point back to commercial... Wonder if that is happening in the SharePoint Webpart.

Looks like this might finally be fixed.  I was able to use the SP Power BI Webpart for the first time.  Try again.

I imagine you are correct.  I went back and forth with the Power BI team about 2 years ago.  They traced it all in the web logs and it did involve the public Power BI servers, etc.   They were not going to fix it.  IDK. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors