Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yvese
Frequent Visitor

Filters under Page level filter not talking to each other

Filters are not talking to each other in power bi embedded. When a filter under Page level filters is selected, the selection doesn't carry through other filters under page level filters. When the same report is filtered in power bi service, filters arent' carried through all the way either. The interesting part is that this behavior doesn't happen when the report is opened in Power Bi Desktop. For example in in Power Bi Desktop if I choose the Month of May 2018, all other filters show the count of items for the month of May. Any ideas what might be causing this behavior?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @yvese,

In my test, the applied "page level filter" would affect the displayed items show in other filters. Please see below images.

1.PNG2.PNG

Would you please show me the different results you got in desktop and service?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft it looks like filters in my report in PBI Service are working as expected. Like you described. But the issue that i described is still persistent in PBI embedded :smileyfrustrated Smiley Frustrated

Any ideas?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors