Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

AudreyRene
Regular Visitor

Filter not affecting Visual

Hello,

I have created a dashboard with several visuals, bar charts, tables, two scatter charts. They’re link with one filter (date filter). I have encountered one issued with a visual. He doesn’t filter anymore. I don’t know where is the problem. For infomation, he's still link with the filter.

AudreyRene_0-1715365835189.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @AudreyRene ,

the issue you are facing is very odd because I'm unaware that any DAX extends the axis of a visual. For this reason, are you sure that the x-axis is related to the content of the slicer?
If the slicer content and content of the axis are related, do not forget to check if the visual might not be affected by the slicer due to a change of the "Edit interactions" settings (Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn). 

Hopefully, this will provide some ideas of how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AudreyRene
Regular Visitor

Hello,

@v-kongfanf-msft 

@TomMartens 

I read the report and try things. I still don't understand where is the problem. If i compare 2 of my vizualisations, you can tell the first one doesn't work properly.

- First picture, its from january to november. The first vizualisation still show every month. The second vizualisation show the data from january to november (correct way)

- Second picture, its from january to december. The first visualization still show every month, but the data from december to march are not the same as the first picture. The second vizualisation show the data from january to december and the number are the same (correct way)

AudreyRene_0-1715627388361.png

AudreyRene_1-1715627399070.png

It's like the first vizualisation (bar charts) have is own rules.

Thank you

AudreyRene
Regular Visitor

Hello,

@v-kongfanf-msft I don't think the problem is the data models or the filter, because i have 2 similar visuals (same filters and data models) and the other one works.

@TomMartens i need to look at the visual again, but yes i think the x-asis is related to the content of the slicer. I also need to look at the (Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn). 

I need to try things and read the report. I'll come back with an answer !

Thank you, both of you

v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AudreyRene ,

It can be associated with the filters or data models of the formulas you create. Refer to the following demo: Ghassen and Marcel are not affected by date filtering.

Ghassen = IF(MAX('Table'[Date]) < DATE(2022,01,04),MAX('Table'[Value1]),BLANK())
Marcel = IF(MAX('Table'[Date]) < DATE(2022,01,04),MAX('Table'[Value2]),BLANK())
Nathile = MAX('Table'[Value3])

vkongfanfmsft_0-1715594021151.png

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @AudreyRene ,

the issue you are facing is very odd because I'm unaware that any DAX extends the axis of a visual. For this reason, are you sure that the x-axis is related to the content of the slicer?
If the slicer content and content of the axis are related, do not forget to check if the visual might not be affected by the slicer due to a change of the "Edit interactions" settings (Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Learn). 

Hopefully, this will provide some ideas of how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors