Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

MVenables
Advocate I
Advocate I

Filter Pane values changing colour to Black when published to the cloud

HI,

This has only happened today, but all my reports that are published into the cloud, the filter pane values have turned black, which is making it difficult for anyone to read. When published from Desktop PBI it goes in as white as per picture below on the left. When you view it online it goes dark (picture on bottom right). Does anyone else have this issue or has something new been added to the March 2024 update that has done this? (To note, no one has made any changes. Also when downloading the report file it comes through as the white colour chosen, only when published to the cloud does it automatically change).

MVenables_0-1712579884184.png       MVenables_1-1712580124911.png

Any help would be appreciated on this matter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MVenables 

This issue has been fixed. You can go to Power BI Service to view and test.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
kaulsaryan

You can clear your browser cache. Then it will fix the issue in the Power Bi Service version.

v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MVenables 

This issue has been fixed. You can go to Power BI Service to view and test.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

d_dunlap16
Regular Visitor

Hi,

You are not alone on this issue. We also have a support ticket in for the same issue. We have been asked to try multiple browsers, clear cache, dark/light theme, use different JSON files, use no JSON file, and all resulted in the same issue. We recently were asked to roll PBI Desktop back to February 2024 as a temporary solution but that still didn't work. We noticed the issue 3 - 4 weeks ago but have not found a solution as of today. 

v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MVenables 

We have seen on the internal platform that other engineers have reported this issue and submitted it. 

The engineers on the product team are now aware and will do their best to resolve the issue. I will update here if there is any progress, so please be patient!

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu

Hi,

Thank you for letting me know, appreciate it.

MVenables
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi both,

Yes i have just tried it in other browsers also and it comes up with the same result. It is across all reports not just specific ones, thanks for the responses on this matter, what date does the April 2024 update get released please? As i am hoping it will fix this issue when it happens

@MVenables ,

posted an issue about it so it would be investigated.

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/filter-pane-values-in-service-are-showing-in-black-...

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos
Follow me on LinkedIn linkedIn
Vote for my Community Mobile App Idea

Proud to be a Super User!

Thanks. We also tested this with the Microsoft sample reports (Sales and Returns), just to ensure it wasnt our code, and got the same result.

Get samples for Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Hi @MVenables 

As my testing, this issue might be caused by the using of the dark theme in Service.

Please change the theme to the light and try to verify if this issue happen again.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu

Hi, i will try it with the light theme and let you know shortly, i don't really want to be changing all 197 reports within the business to a light theme if it works as you can imagine, this will take a while.

jbertrand

Confirming that we are seeing exactly the same thing on our service. All filter pane text has suddenly gone dark grey. To my knowledge, it is not possible to change the colors of the individual data items in the filter pane either (eg check box color, text color, count color), so this is a PBI service issue. We tested this on both Edge, Chrome and Safari, just in case it was a browser issue, but they all show the same result. We also tried changing the filter pane font just in case that was somehow causing it, but no luck. Power BI Desktop (April 2024) is fine.

v-zhengdxu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @MVenables 

Based on my speculation, maybe it's a browser issue, could you confirm if the issue persists on different browsers, or when accessing the Power BI service via incognito/private browsing mode? This can help troubleshoot browser-specific rendering issues.

Additionally, it can be helpful to know if this color change behavior is observed in all reports or in specific reports. This information helps narrow down the cause, whether it's related to a specific report configuration or broader service behavior.

Looking forward to hearing from you to help you further.

Best Regards

Zhengdong Xu

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors