Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

File Save As (Copy of Report) is greyed out

I created a report that I have shared on a Dashboard with other users. They are trying to use some filters and then save that filtered version as a copy that they can place on their own dashboard. While I am able to do so, when they select the File option in Power BI Online, the 'Save as' option is greyed out for them. Why??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous Shared dashboards are read only, the end user can see and interact, but they will be unable to save a version of their own. If you need the end user to be able to save a version, look into Organizational Content Pack as a solution. This allows the end user to create their own version, but be aware of what happens if you need to update the model. You could also use Groups if the end users should share edit perms, but they are designed more with collaboration than end user sharing.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@Anonymous Shared dashboards are read only, the end user can see and interact, but they will be unable to save a version of their own. If you need the end user to be able to save a version, look into Organizational Content Pack as a solution. This allows the end user to create their own version, but be aware of what happens if you need to update the model. You could also use Groups if the end users should share edit perms, but they are designed more with collaboration than end user sharing.

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

Hi,

Given the introduction of Apps this summer, are Organizational Content Packs still the solution for this use case (i.e., ability for users to 'Save As' a copy for their personalization? 

The App publishing method does not seem to permit this 'Save As' use case.  We would like to give our users ability to, in their own copy of a report, create new report pages with their preferred visuals and hierarchy drill paths, while respecting the row-level-security of the DataSet.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors