Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Prabha45
Helper III
Helper III

Field Parameters - Live connection

I had made a live connection to a cube and need a field parameter functionality. So, I changed the connection from live to Direct query. I made the field parameters and created a slicer and table with my measures. When I published this report to service, I'm getting a pop-up like the below and when I check on the service it says "Couldn't load the data for this visual. 
Are field parameters allowed in Direct Query ? Please help me on this
Field Parameter.jpg
Regards,
Prabha

2 REPLIES 2
v-nuoc-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Prabha45 

Based on the screenshot you provided, it indicates that the dataset contains calculated tables or columns that reference remote tables.

This is a known limitation when using the DirectQuery schema, especially for calculated tables or columns that rely on Analysis Services connections.

You can try the following ways to solve the problem:

Use the Analysis Services connector to import the data in instead of using DirectQuery.

Check for calculated tables or columns in your dataset that depend on remote tables and consider removing them or changing their dependencies.

See the specific limitations of calculated tables and columns in power bi service and make changes to your dataset accordingly.

Solved: Error message on publishing: "This dataset contain... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Regards,

Nono Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks for the reply.
The calculated table automatically gets created when we created field parameters. 
The data is huge which will not support import mode.
Power BI don't allow to create field paramters in live connection. So, I changed it to direct query and created field parameters. When I publish I get the above error and I'm not able to see the data in service.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors