Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Fabrico
Frequent Visitor

Fabric Datamart Not Connecting to Warehouse/Lakehouse

Up until a week or two ago I could create a Power BI Datamart in Fabric and have it pull data from a Warehouse or Lakehouse but now this doesn't seem to be an option, is this intended behaviour or some sort of bug?

When I go into my Onelake Data Hub I can see all the relevant Lakehouses and Warehouses, but when I open Onelake from the 'Get Data' function in the Datamart it doesn't show any Lakehouses or Warehouses.

Obviously Datamart is still in Preview, but keen to understand if I need to look for an alternative solution, or if this is a temporary blip that will be rectified.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yilong-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Fabrico

Based on the information you provided, I created a Datamart in Power BI Service.

vyilongmsft_0-1706062855094.png

When I go to Datamart and open it via "Get data", I seem to be able to find the appropriate datamart in the OneLake data hub.

vyilongmsft_1-1706062883896.png

I think the cause of your problem could be that you don't have enough permissions to view the Lakehouses and Warehouses or may be using the Row-level security, it could be that the datamart may not have released any Lakehouses and Warehouses or it could be because of fluctuations in the network that prevented the Lakehouses and Warehouses from being loaded, you can check the problem based on the issues above and if it is still a problem, please provide me with more information.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

If it does not help, please provide more details with your desired output and pbix file without privacy information (or some sample data) .

Best Regards

Yilong Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Bump,

Still not able to access a lakehouse or warehouse from a datamart.  Seems it is only able to pull data from Dataflows, KQL Database, or other Datamarts.  There should be options in here for Lakehouse and Warehouse.

Is anyone else having this issue or is it just me?

Fabrico_0-1712704547836.png

Thanks for the reply.  The issue is that the Datamart cannot connect to any Lakehouse or Warehouse in the data hub, if you can try creating a lakehouse or warehouse and see if you're able to access it from your datamart that would be great.

I doubt it's security since I've created and therefore own all the warehouses, lakehouses, and datamart.  I've not implemented any row level security, and it shouldn't be a network problem since they're all in the same Fabric capacity.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors