Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

OOmelenchuk
Frequent Visitor

Exporting to Power BI Desktop reports with large imported dataset

Has somebody faced the issue when [Exporting to Power BI Desktop] is not finishing long time. I do see the message "Your report is exporting to pbix", however I've been waiting 2 more hours but nothing.

Is it possible to donwload template for this report, or report without data from Power BI service?

7 REPLIES 7
OOmelenchuk
Frequent Visitor

has somebody faced the issue when [Exporting to Power BI Desktop] is not finishing long time. I do see the message "Your report is exporting to pbix", however I've been waiting 2 more hours but nothing.

Is it possible to donwload template for this report, Exporting to Power BI Desktop always.pngor report without data from Power BI service?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @OOmelenchuk,

I would suggest uploading a small simple report to your Workspace that you could use to verify that it isn't some small detail such as inside your browser settings that is keeping you from downloading the report.

I know for larger files with larger datasets it takes longer to download these reports.

After being able to successfully download a simple report then I woudl suggest it might be something wrong inside the file keeping the file from being downloaded.

Hi @Anonymous, I did all mentioned things, once i was able to download 300M of data with a report, small reports are downloaded well. The problem that I don't have reports(and templates) on my machine, and I try to load themto modify.

How big is the report, both in content and data size (assuming it's an import)? I had a 5-tab, 75MB report take two hours.

If multiple people need access to the PBIX, why not keep it hosted on a Dropbox/Google Drive/OneDrive and access it from there?

I was able to download report, Size was 750MB. It took lots, lots of time

I've added an idea to download template(.pbit) file from the Power BI Service, Template size is usually small, and we will be able to download any report and fill them on local. please vote

vote for downloading template from the Power BI Service

Anonymous
Not applicable

Another option is to keep your Power BI Reports in a source control repository such as GIT.

I also had a 750MB file and I left it overnight and it did eventually download. You have to give it time

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors