Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

JimJim
Post Patron
Post Patron

Exporting Paginated Reports, Initial Page Name property not working with sub-reports

Hello,

I have a few paginated reports that I created using Power BI Report Builder. I have set the 'Initial Page Name' property so that when users export the report to excel, the excel tab will display the 'Initial Page Name'. This appeared to be working, however, when I add the reports as a sub-report, and then execute the master report, the excel tabs show Sheet1, Sheet2 etc. 

I'm not sure if this is a bug or expected behaviour but does anyone know how to get around this issue? When exported, I would like the excel tab to display the 'Initial Page Name' property, including when being run as a sub-report.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Guys,

In the end the solution was really simple, all you need to do is add a rectangle over your sub-report (which I already done to create a page break) and set the PageName property of the rectangle. This solved it for me.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

are you doing this via power bi report server?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi @vanessafvg , I am doing this on the service

Hi @JimJim ,

Sorry,but I cant reproduce your senario,based on what is mentioned in troubleshooting,I guess it is  an individual issue,better create  a support ticket via below link and our relevant personnel will help to handle it.
https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Reference pls click here:

Best Regards,
Kelly
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Hi Guys,

In the end the solution was really simple, all you need to do is add a rectangle over your sub-report (which I already done to create a page break) and set the PageName property of the rectangle. This solved it for me.

Hi @v-kelly-msft , thanks for trying to reproduce my issue.

Can I ask if your setup was the same as mine?

I have:

Multiple sub-reports with the 'Initial Page Name' property set

One master report which includes each sub report, a rectangle at the bottom of each sub report (for page break) and no 'Initial Page Name' set on the master report.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors