Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Export to Excel is not available anymore in the existing Apps/report

Hi,

Could someone guide why export to (excel/csv/pdf) is not visisble to us in Power BI service in differnt reports/Apps, We were able to use this functionality 2 days back and it has dissppeared all of a sudden since yesterday. Is there any upgrade which has caused this problem or we are doing someting wrong? Our users use export to excel/csv quite frequently and prompt guide will be help a lot.

Many thanks

2 REPLIES 2
v-janeyg-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I agree with @ibarrau. You can refer to considerations and limitations in doc. Have you checked it? 

If not, please feel free to ask me.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Janey

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. There are several reasons for the export to be hiden. The two most frequent might be that the option was removed in the report settings by a user with build permission in the workspaces or the Power Bi Admin has removed the permission in the admin portal as the following picture shows:

ibarrau_0-1643201959414.png

If both of them are not the issue, please check the considerations in the next link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-export-data#considerations-...

I hope that helps,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors