Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

heidicroft
Frequent Visitor

Exchange Online - Refresh extremely slow and times out before completion

We have a very small dataset that only pulls from two microsoft exchange online mailboxes and two excel spreadsheets.  It cannot complete a refresh without timing out.

I've tested different options to see what could be causing such a slow refresh.  I've been able to find if I don't expand anything from the mail file, it refreshes quickly.  We do need to see the sender address and the category, so not expanding these columns is not an option.

Has anyone else run into this?  Any suggestions for a work around or different approach to get these items?

2 REPLIES 2
lbendlin
Super User
Super User

We do need to see the sender address and the category, so not expanding these columns is not an option.

That is unfortunately a costly operation.  Any lookup/expand step will slow you down massively.

See if you can fetch the user object separately and then do the join in the data model. 

Thanks. I typically don't pull associated columns, but the only connector I can find for Exchange Online doesn't give you any other options.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors