Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

santt66_avenu
Advocate I
Advocate I

Exception while parsing CSDL to create Conceptual Schema

Hey there,

Can anyone help me with this particular error message?:

error.png

For starters, It's a model built in Power BI Desktop and -I think- nothing has changed since yesterday when the report was loading just fine.

I've tried publishing it in different workspaces and removing the relationships to see if any of those may be the underlying problem, but seems a bit more complicated than that.

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes! Mine's working too! 
Thanks for the update.

View solution in original post

34 REPLIES 34
mookje77
Regular Visitor

Same issue. Please resolve

nbjdeunk
Frequent Visitor

Same issue here.

Looks like this is cause by using 'calculation groups'. At least in my case 2 of 3 models arern't working anymore. The 1 that still works does not use calculation groups.

Are you all also using calculation groups in the models that won't refresh anymore?

mine that doesn't work contains calculation groups

I have two datasets in the same Premium per User workspace, both with Calculation Groups (the same logic in each), one shows this error, the other works fine!  

Microsoft have responded to my support call, collected additional information and say it has been referred to the Product Team for investigation, which I think basically means they beleive it is a bug!

Hi, I have the same issue but I am pretty sure to exclude calculation groups as cause because I can publish .pbix files with calculation groups while others not

Dirk_Storms

Same problem here!

Elias_Ortiz

I'm having the same problem.

Please keep me posted if you get an answer from those guys!

OmarQ

Tengo la misma situación, cual es la solución? 

I have the same problem.

LHG
Frequent Visitor

SAME ISSUE HERE - MICROSOFT PLEASE FIX ASAP!!

SvenDC
Frequent Visitor

Similar issue in at least 1 european tenant (Belgium). Nothing was changed, new publishes from desktop do not resolve the issue. Did somebody already got their pbix model succesfully republish after such an error?

tenfingers
Advocate II
Advocate II

Also seeing this across every report connected to a particular model. Have tried different tenants, different workspaces and reconnecting live connected reports. Model refreshes fine in Desktop and i can live connect locally. Issues only arise once published to the service. Agree points too a bug in the service.

MAFE62
Frequent Visitor

Same problem, same scenario: 
Yesterday it was running, today (with no changes in between) arise that message.

andymac
Regular Visitor

I'm having the same problem, in two separate Office 365 tenants, in both cases no changes made to the dashboard, but stopped working with this error message.  Nothing I've tried works and the only change I know of this week is the December update to the Power BI service!  Have a support call logged with Microsoft, will see what comes back

Yes, I've even tried installing Power BI Desktop's October release, but nothing changed. It's most likely a PBI Service issue. 
Please keep me posted if you get an answer from those guys!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors