Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Jasleen_kaur
Frequent Visitor

Error with Data Refresh and Gateway Configuration After Publishing PBIX File to Power BI Service

I am encountering an issue with my Power BI dataset refresh and gateway configuration after publishing my PBIX file to the Power BI service. Here are the details of the error I'm facing:
Last refresh failed: 4/4/2024, 2:03:12 PM
There was an error when processing the data in the dataset.Hide details
Data source error: [ValidateMarkupTags][ccon]DataSource.MissingClientLibrary: [ccon]We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient'.[/ccon]. DataSourceKind = [ccon]MySql[/ccon]. DataSourcePath = [ccon]localhost;wesee_prod[/ccon]. [/ccon]. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. Table: wesee_prod tweets_posts_trends.
Cluster URI: WABI-INDIA-CENTRAL-A-PRIMARY-redirect.analysis.windows.net
Activity ID: 775cf467-dec2-4bb0-8d4e-917dba5c010f
Request ID: 84c46ac5-6883-8085-fbcc-c76f4cac16ff
Time: 2024-04-04 08:33:12Z

Issue Details:

• The error message indicates a problem with the data source, specifically with the MySql.Data.MySqlClient provider.
  • The dataset is sourced from a MySQL database located at localhost;wesee_prod.
  • The dataset includes a table named wesee_prod tweets_posts_trends.
  • The error occurs during the data refresh process after publishing the PBIX file to the Power BI service.

Additional Context:

• I have installed the Power BI Gateway on my server to facilitate data refresh from on-premises data sources.
  • Upon publishing the PBIX file to the Power BI service, the refresh schedule and gateway appear to be disabled.
  • The semantic model is stored in the cloud, but the backend data source is a MySQL database hosted locally.

Request for Assistance:

1. How can I resolve the missing client library issue related to the MySql.Data.MySqlClient provider?
  2. How can I ensure that the refresh schedule and gateway remain enabled after publishing the PBIX file to the Power BI service?
  3. Is there a way to maintain the semantic model in the cloud while still connecting to on-premises MySQL data sources?

Any insights or guidance on resolving these issues would be greatly appreciated.

#refresh #datagatewayproblem #powerbi

12 REPLIES 12
EJK
Frequent Visitor

The only way I was able to fix this issue was to get the enterprise gateway and stop using the personal mode. Unfortunately, when I talked to the Microsoft Support Team they were not able to understand even replicate the issue that just happened from one day to another. Since switching out the personal mode gateway to the other one I have not had any of these issues! Hope this helps. 

KossXL
Helper I
Helper I

Hello, community.
Is there any information on solving the problem described above?

DataSource.MissingClientLibrary: We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient'..
We were unable to find a database provider with invariant name 'MySql.Data.MySqlClient'.. The exception was raised by the IDbCommand interface. 

Activity ID: fdb2b173-d23b-4e3e-bf05-69d3f8dbb893

Request ID: dffde0a6-dd87-3062-775f-228175fe8e77

v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jasleen_kaur ,

The error you're encountering suggests that the MySql.Data.MySqlClient library is not found. This is typically due to the .NET Data Provider for MySQL not being installed or not registered correctly on the machine where the gateway is running. To resolve this:
1.Ensure that the MySQL Connector/Net is installed on the gateway machine.
It may be necessary to install a specific version of the connector that is compatible with your Power BI version. For instance, some users have found success with version 8.0.28.
2.After installation, restart the gateway service and attempt the data refresh again.

For more details, please refer: powerbi - Power BI missing MySQL Connector, even though I installed it 

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

This solution doesn't work.

DangerMouse1000

Also having the same problem and no solution. Would appreciate any help if someone has been able to resolve this.

Alex_Sercom

We face the exact same problem

nicolasmosquera
Regular Visitor

I have connections to local drives and a database. The database connection is the one failing since 2 weeks or so. Before that, I could sing in without problem, in the configure menu of the semantic model, inside the data source credential section. 

In the connections manage connections and gateways menu, I can see that all my connections are:
Type: File
Gateway cluster name:  nicolas.mosquera-rey (Personal mode)

Except for the database connection which is failing: 
Type: MySQL
Gateway cluster name: - 

I also updated the personal data gateaway, but it's not working still. 

This is the error message:

Failed to update data source credentials: An error happened while reading data from the provider: 'One or more errors occurred.

Activity ID:40dafdca-255c-4e65-99ec-f5fc4154dceb
Request ID:688cf9ca-8866-ecbe-1112-1aec49b0ddde
Status code:400
Time:Mon Apr 08 2024 15:17:10 GMT+0200 (Central European Summer Time)
Service version:13.0.23021.56
Client version:2404.1.18702-train
Cluster URI:https://wabi-north-europe-c-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net
nicolasmosquera
Regular Visitor

It also start failing for me

KossXL
Helper I
Helper I

+ 1, the same problem

Estou com o mesmo problema aqui.

EJK
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem as of a couple days ago, and have no solution yet. Can anyone assist with this?

iamcore

We faced the same problem, no idea how to solve

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors