Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

JayChopra
Frequent Visitor

Error when creating a Schedule Refresh

Hello,

I have a PowerBI desktop file that I have published the report into PowerBI. However when I am creating a scedule refresh, this error pops up. 

JayChopra_0-1670413340221.png

The refresh works fine within the PowerBI desktop file, but when published it doesnt work. The report does contain a python script within the query, so is this causing the error?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JayChopra ,

It's a known issue . 

This issue has been fixed . Please check it in Power BI Service .

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
JohanK
Regular Visitor

I also have this isue. What's the solution, could you explaine it a little bit more please?

v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @JayChopra ,

It's a known issue . 

This issue has been fixed . Please check it in Power BI Service .

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

ibarrau
Super User
Super User

Hi. Is python your only source for tables? 

Just as a reminder, if the dataset uses python, then you can only refresh the dataset installing an On Premise data Gateway with Personal mode. Python requires that in order to work if you are using it as source or script.

I hope that helps,

Happy to help!

LaDataWeb Blog

Python is not the only source. The main source is a connection to Business Central, and then I'm using a Python Script within power query. The issue is that I cannot select a gateway or any Data Source Credentials as there is no option to, due to this error.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors