Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

irta
Employee
Employee

Error occurred while executing AddDirectoryRoleMember

I'm trying to register my team's web app with Power BI. Went through the service principle process and got blocked at "change tenant setting to enable service principle from Power BI". I have no access to Office 365 control center so I tried Add-AzureADDirectoryRoleMember from PowerShell. Got error as below:

Add-AzureADDirectoryRoleMember : Error occurred while executing AddDirectoryRoleMember Code: Authorization_RequestDenied Message: Insufficient privileges to complete the operation. RequestId: f807726b-9bcb-4476-afc5-8e1c284ba267 DateTimeStamp: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 01:34:23 GMT HttpStatusCode: Forbidden HttpStatusDescription: Forbidden HttpResponseStatus: Completed At line:5 char:1 + Add-AzureADDirectoryRoleMember -ObjectId 6ebd1a24-c502-446f-94e5-fa29 ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Add-AzureADDirectoryRoleMember], ApiException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : Microsoft.Open.AzureAD16.Client.ApiException,Microsoft.Open.AzureAD16.PowerShell.AddDire ctoryRoleMember

Any idea on how I can fx this? Or is there any other way to unblock the process?
2 REPLIES 2
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi, @irta 

For your case, I suggest you post it in PowerShell community to get further help.

or create a support ticket in Power BI Support.

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you. I have ticket INC21574515 but not seem to be addressed.

Do you know if there's any other way I can enable my service principle from PBI? Or may I skip this step?

I don't think I am able to add myself as an admin role actually.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors