Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

brittney
Frequent Visitor

Error - asking to rebind report to a dataset

I've noticed this week when I log in to my account on the recents page, every recent report has a small yellow triangle with an exclamation point.  When I hover over the exclamation point, the error reads "there is no dataset associated with this report, please rebind the report to a dataset."  The reports all have data in them, and I've tested downloading the pbix file and re-uploading to the service. 

Any idea what this error means and how to fix? We get most of our data by using a SQL server connection. 

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
mjc543
Advocate II
Advocate II

I've been having this same problem for the last few months with a report that's been in Power BI for over a year. I also have a few other reports I produce that aren't showing this same error. All of my reports are connected to the same gateway; the main difference is what workspace they are assigned to. When I access the report that shows this error flag, it does in fact have up-to-date data in it and the scheduled automatic refreshes haven't had any recent interruptions. So I'd say this flag is definitely a bug; other than it showing up in the first place, there doesn't appear to being anything else wrong with the dataset or the report itself...

What's even stranger is that I typically see the yellow triangle icon when I navigate to Favorites... but if I navigate to Workspaces and find the same report there, the yellow triangle icon mysteriously disappears.

SethCheever
Regular Visitor

I am getting the same error, but for only 1 of my reports. There are only 2 reports that I publish, same exact datasets, same exact reports, but to different workspaces. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the reports, other than this false alert, but I would like to clear it. This only started about a week ago.

v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

Please try these steps:

1)Check you dataset credentials whether have expired.

2)Check the gateway configuration.

3)Check the meta data whether has changed(partly deleted).

4)Try to re-publish your reports to Power BI Service.

Best Regards,

Giotto

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Kudoed Authors