Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Ryan34747
Frequent Visitor

Error: On-Prem execution not supported for entity : On Machine Learning?

Hello,

I am trying to do this "Build a Machine Learing Model" sample from Microsoft: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/connect-data/service-tutorial-build-machine-learning-mode...

Every time I am getting an issue with the refresh...
Error: On-Prem execution not supported for entity '<ccon>/ML_Test Training Data</ccon>' since it refers to another entity.. Param1 = <ccon>/ML_Test Training Data</ccon>.

I have a PPU license and should be able to do the machine learning we believe? I am not creating the tables so not sure which one to disable the load on as many suggestions say. 

Anyone have any ideas? Trying to run a test to see if this works well or not?

3 REPLIES 3
Ryan34747
Frequent Visitor

On the MS Comparison : https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/pricing/ 

It has the machine learning portion selected for PPU? We have Sentiment Analysis running properly.. but are not able to get the Auto ML working like the training link? Gives that error, the workspace is a Premium Per User capasity as well. 

Hi @Ryan34747 

Yeah i see it says that, i was under the impression that is only works for Premium.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

GilbertQ
Super User
Super User

Hi @Ryan34747 

As far as I can recall to use the Machine Learning option you need Power BI Premium and it cannot be done with Power BI PPU.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Power BI Blog

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors