Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

mrfauziyahaya
Regular Visitor

Error Deleting Empty Folder In Workspace

Hello,

Has anyone encountered an error when deleting empty folder in workspace?

I have ensured that the folder is empty. Is there any solution to this?

Error prompt:
Can't delete the folder because it contains items. Refresh your browser to update your current session.

mrfauziyahaya_1-1715233851072.png

Your assistance is highly appreciated. 

3 REPLIES 3
collinq
Super User
Super User

Hey @mrfauziyahaya ,

When you open that folder itself, can you confirm that it truly is empty?  Do you have the right permissions to look into that folder to confirm it is actually empty?  

That said, if you did open it and you deleted everything in it, there sometimes is a delay (like up to an hour) before it is "cleared" in the background.

Also, if this is the only thing in there, why not just delete the workspace itself?  You can delete workspaces with data in them (if you have permissions).

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!
Private message me for consulting or training needs.

Hi @collinq ,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I can confirm that the folder is indeed empty. Please refer to the image below.
empty-workspace.png

Unfortunately, this workspace is considered as PROD workspace, and there are already several reports within it. Therefore, I am unable to delete it.

Regarding the delay, I have been attempting to resolve this since May 8th, but haven't been successful thus far.

Let me know if there are any further steps we can take to address this issue.

Hi, @mrfauziyahaya 

You can try clearing your browser's cache and cookies.The steps are slightly different for each browser, but you can usually find the options in your browser's settings or privacy settings. If you have private account information on your browser, you can use the following method:
On the Power BI page, click F12 on your keyboard to open your browser's developer tools and select application>>storage>>clear site data

If you're still experiencing problems, try logging into Power BI in another browser (e.g. switching from Chrome to Firefox) and try deleting the folder.

Make sure you have sufficient permissions to delete the folder. You may need to be the administrator of the workspace or a user with appropriate permissions.

Best Regards,

hackcrr

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors