Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

AnAnalyst
Helper III
Helper III

Enterprise Gateway: Managing Flat Files Best Practice

Forgive me if this has been asked already.

I am doing a PoC on our Enterprise Gateway. We have users that have been using Personal Gateways but they want to use something more dependable (they have laptops that are disconnected from the network at times).  

The issue is that they are connecting to flat files in shared directories. At this point I am not concerned with them using flat files. I am concerned about managing the connections to many flat files. 

My question: Is there a documented best practice for managing this scenario? For example: Create a folder conenction in the gateway and let them filter on the file they want to use in thier individual files. This way I only need to create a conenction to the shared directory.

Any help is much appreciated. 

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@AnAnalyst The vast majority of use cases I've seen use SharePoint/OneDrive to meet these needs. Then there is no need for configuration on a gateway. Are either of these accessible?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

@AnAnalyst The vast majority of use cases I've seen use SharePoint/OneDrive to meet these needs. Then there is no need for configuration on a gateway. Are either of these accessible?

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

@Seth_C_Bauer  Thank you for the tip. Thats sounds like a much easier way to manage these files. Hopefully implementing this will be as easy as suggested.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors